Thursday, February 1, 2007

Our current project - a 1960 California Trade Wind



We have a 1960 California Trade Wind model in for some work. Work to be accomplished on this highly desireable trailer is; replace the current 2" hitch coupler with a 2 5/16th coupler. Install a gray tank. Replace the old leaf spring axle with a new leaf spring axle, as the original had the original hydraulic brakes. This will give the trailer new electric brakes resulting from the upgrade. And, when we put the gray tank in, we will address rear frame issues while we have the belly pan off and have access to it. Follow us as we dig into this beauty and make these upgrades.

1 comment:

cnlovin said...

Hi, I have a 1956 airstream that needs help. My grandparents left it to me and I love it. The trailer has memories from all the children, grand children and great grandchildren in this family so we want to have it fixed up so my children can enjoy it. We are not wealthy but we are dedicated to fixing it so please let me know if you are interested on working on mine. We live in Owego, NY. Please email me at cnlovin@aol.com thanks so much.